Masterclass I - Create with Makeblock
Affordable and accessible syllabus-linked physical computing, with Arduino plug-and-play in your school-based makerspace. From 2D plotters to 3D printers, make it with Makeblock. This is your opportunity to learn from a world-expert. BYOD Mac or iPad, and we'll supply the kits at this rich, interactive, and hands-on coding, computational thinking and making workshop.
Who Should Attend?
- Classroom Teachers
- STEM Teachers
- Computer Science / ICT Teachers
- ICT integrators
- eLearning coordinators
- Heads of Curriculum and Deans of Studies
- Head of Technology
- Teacher Librarians
- Anyone interested in setting up a Makers' Space / STEM laboratory
- This session will give a hands-on insight into the world of 'Making' and 'coding'. It allows teachers to experience how collaboration and problem solving as transferable skills can be learnt using robotics and coding.
What To Bring?
- Bring an iPad with you with the latest iOS and Swift Playgrounds app
8:30 | Arrival
9:00 | Commencement
9:00 - 10:30 | Session 1: TBA (90 mins)
Introduction to Swift Playgrounds - working with Coding on iPad.
10:30 - 10:50 | Tea & Coffee Break and Exhibition Viewing (20 mins)
10:50 - 12:30 | Session 2: TBA (100 mins)
Introduction to Makeblock and the Robotic kits. Hands on with making robots. Kits will be provided.
12:30 - 1:20 | Tea & Coffee Break and Exhibition Viewing (50 mins)
1:20 - 2:40 | Session 3: TBA (80 mins)
Designing a lesson for students using the swift and makeblock kits.
2:40 - 3:00 | Tea & Coffee Break and Exhibition Viewing (20 mins)
3:00 - 4:00 | Session 4: TBA (60 mins)
Experiencing the lesson created by the other teams.
4:00 | Conclusion